Perspective 12 - WW T3 Fungicides
Discover FieldView Trial
Take part in this exciting opportunity to see for yourself how FieldView can quickly and easily help inform your farming operations. https://cropscience.bayer.co.uk/fieldview/#element_100029846
Perspective: Spring Herbicide Use 2020
Key Points in Perspective:
· Black-grass present in October drilled crops that didn’t receive any autumn herbicide is now tillering in many places and, if populations are high, will need treatment as soon as possible.
· REMEMBER - Crops drilled on or after the 1st February are considered spring crops by CRD even if they are winter varieties – the post emergence grass-weed options for these crops are almost non-existent (200g of Broadway Star does have an approval but is it grass-weed active at this dose.
· Keep mixes simple – Complex mixes are more likely to increase crop effect and possibly reduce efficacy.
· Residual chemistry is unlikely to be of great benefit from this point forward unless the crop was very late drilled (January).
· Consider the potential crop effects and the cultivation requirements for following crops as we move later into the spring and the gap between application and establishment of the next crop shortens.
· The highest likelihood of crop effect comes when crops are stressed (waterlogging, drought, nutrient deficiency) or when they are rapidly going through growth stages and are not waxing up properly. Late drilled crops and especially spring drilled crops are particularly susceptible as they are the most desperate to ‘catch up’ on their growth stages in response to temperature and increasing day length.
· Any stocks of Atlantis WG and Pacifica WG must be used by 30th April 2020.