Code of conduct
Fram Farmers Objective
“To increase the individual farmer’s profitability, short and long term, by concerted effort in every area of farm production in which the position of the individual producer can be strengthened by collective access to services and planned co-operative purchasing.”
Every member has the right to expect the Co-operative to:
- Maintain confidentiality in all dealings with the Member.
- Offer an efficient service, by responding promptly, and identifying with the individual Member’s needs.
- Assist its Members to understand how the Co-operative operates, and to inform them of the services available.
- Give the same opportunities to all Members.
- Be “open and transparent” in all dealings and transactions with Members.
- Manage the business in an efficient manner, with due regard to the culture and ethos of the business, within the policy directed by the Board.
In addition, individual Member businesses can expect strictest confidence and trust from other Members, in relation to cooperative pricing and terms being safely kept within the Membership.
Terms and Conditions of the Co-operative
- To be bound at all times by the rules and conditions of trading for the Society.
- On receipt of notification of admission as a member of the Society to pay on demand the sum of £20.00 shareholding (4 x £5 shares) in respect of the shares allocated to me / us and that such shares are be paid in full.
- To pay on demand of the Society the annual membership costs as notified by the Society related to the departments in which we participate in any one year.
- To pay all sums due from me / us in respect of all invoices / statements rendered to me / us by the Society in accordance with the terms as laid down by the Society through its Directors. It is understood that should I / we fail for any reason on two occasions or more during twelve consecutive months to pay all sums due to the Society in accordance with the date shown on the invoices or statements delivered to me / us, then the Board, may, if it thinks fit, pay off every share held by me / us thereupon I / we shall cease to be a member.
- In pursuance of (4) above, I / we agree that all sums due from me / us in respect of invoices / statements rendered to me / us by the Society shall be paid to the Society through the Direct Debit system for which, I / we enclose a signed mandate instructing my / our Banker to charge my / our account any amounts which the Society may debit thereto through the Direct Debiting system.
- I / we promise not to divulge to any other person or persons any such information given to me / us by the Society and should I / we divulge any such information then the Board, may, if it thinks fit, pay off every share held by me / us shall cease to be a member.
- I / we confirm that we will trade within Fram Farmers Limited Terms and Conditions of Business.